The Rune Meditation Malas Are Intended To Be Used as a Tool To Become Your Highest Self
The first systems of writing developed and used by the Norse and other Germanic peoples were runic alphabets.
The runes functioned as letters, but they were much more than just letters.
Each rune was a pictographic symbol of some cosmological principle, and to write a rune was to invoke and direct the force for which it stood.
Each rune had a name that hinted at the magical significance of its visual form and its sound, which was almost always the first sound of the rune’s name.
The runes were never “invented,” but are instead pre-existent forces that Odin discovered by undergoing a tremendous ordeal of sacrificing himself, for himself.
This tale was passed down to us in the Hávamál:
I know that I hung
On the wind-blasted tree
All of nights nine,
Pierced by my spear
And given to Odin,
Myself sacrificed to myself
On that pole
Of which none know
Where its roots run.
No aid I received,
Not even a sip from the horn.
I took up the runes –
Screaming I grasped them –
Then I fell back from there.
High Quality Woodburned Beads
- 108 beads in total (the Elder Futhark x 4)
- Every Rune is burned twice into each bead
- Each Aett and full Rune set is separated by a blank bead
- The beads are strung onto a cotton cord
- Includes handmade pendant made from real deer antler and hand carved Algiz rune (protection, higher self, spiritual connection)